Hp printer setup by wireless – learn how?
You can connect your 123.HP.com/setup printer to your local Wi-Fi network and print wirelessly from your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
How to HP Printer Setup By Wireless
Step 1: Connect your printer to a Wi-Fi network
Before you print wirelessly, connect the printer to the same local wireless network to which your computer or mobile device is connected. The following steps also apply if you change your Internet service provider, or if you need to install a new router and reconnect your printer.
- ” Please enter the WPS PIN for your printer if you receive a message that” is displayed, the window [Cancel] and click, please continue with the following steps.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on the printer and make sure the ink cartridges are installed and the main tray is loaded with paper.
- Connect the printer to your local network.
Printers with Touch Screen Control Panel :
- In the printer, [wireless] , [Settings] or click the Restore Settings from the menu Restore Network Settings and select (or similar option).
- Get the network name (SSID) and password. For more information, see Finding your wireless password .
- [Wireless] , [Settings] or click the [Network Settings] from the menu Wireless Setup Wizard and select, select your network name and enter the password.
Printers without a touch screen control panel :
- Click and hold the Wireless button on the printer for 5 seconds or until the light begins to blink. Press and hold the Wireless and Power buttons on the back of the printer before the blue bar flashes for Tango printers .
- Within 2 minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Settings WPS button on your router until the connection process begins. The blinking lamp on the printer will go out when the connection is complete.
If your router does not have a WPS button , continue with the steps below.
- 123 hp com setup (Android, iOS), HP Smart –Microsoft Store(English), or HP Smart-Mac App StoreDownload and install the HP Smart app from (English).
- Prepare the printer for wireless network connection.
Most HP printers that do not have a touch screen : Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the wireless and power lights flash .
HP laser printers without a touch screen : Press and hold the Wireless button until the caution light flashes . The printer may restart.
HP Tango Printer: Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for 5 seconds before the blue headlight flashes.
- Follow the instructions in the HP Smart app to install a printer within 2 hours and set up a wireless link.
Step 2: Add the printer to your computer or mobile device
Install the HP Printer Setup By Wireless software or HP Smart app and complete the printer connection.
- Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your local wireless network and has sufficient signal.
- Go to www.123.hp.com/setup and enter the model name and number of your printer.
- Download the driver or HP Smart software to your mobile device or computer.
- Open this software and follow the guided installation to complete the wireless connection setup.
If you see the “Confirm Printer PIN” message during setup, enter the PIN on the label affixed to your printer. If you need a password, enter your PIN as your password.